Michael E. Starr
Michael E. Starr
Mike is a native East Texan who grew up in Longview and began his trial practice in Northeast Texas in 1990. He joined Coghlan Crowson, LLP as a partner in 2008.
He has an active litigation practice representing clients in lawsuits and on appeal in will contests, probate and trust disputes, contested guardianships, breach of fiduciary duty cases, business disputes, oil and gas matters, professional liability cases and family law disputes.
He is board certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Civil Trial Law (1999) and Civil Appellate Law (1996)
- Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, Baylor University, 1986
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Juris Doctor, Baylor University School of Law, 1989
- Baylor Law Review
- Master of Laws, University of Nottingham, England, U.K., 1990
- Tried over 150 civil cases to jury verdict—a rare accomplishment in today’s litigation environment
- Admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, Texas state courts
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubble for achieving the highest standards in legal ability and ethics
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Gregg County and Smith County Bar Associations
- Charter Fellow, Smith County Bar Foundation
- Board member and officer of the Literacy Council of Tyler
- Board member and officer of the Texas Shakespeare Festival Foundation
- Board member of the Helen Lee Foundation
Statement of Purpose
Established on 3 Principles
We strive to be a trusted source of legal guidance for our community.
We serve today’s generation so that future generations are protected.
We serve our clients with answers to challenging legal questions.