- Former judicial clerk for the Hon. William M. Steger, United States District Judge for the Eastern District of Texas (1985-87).
- Practiced law in the state and federal courtrooms of East Texas since 1987. Experienced in counseling and litigation for local and national businesses and manufacturers in employment law, commercial transactions, product liability, personal injury, and employment claims under the federal civil rights and anti-discrimination statutes.
- Joined Coghlan Crowson in February 2012. Practiced law in Longview since 1995.
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, Baylor University, 1985
- Bachelor of Science, Microbiology, Texas A&M University, 1976
- Counsels and represents employers in state and federal litigation of employment law claims and claims involving state and federal anti-discrimination statutes
- Frequently retained as local counsel to work with national law firms in complex commercial and intellectual property litigation in the Eastern District of Texas
- Represents business and management in negotiation and litigation of complex commercial matters
- Counsels with employers and management in employment matters
- Represents and advises local businesses, including oilfield service and suppliers
- Represents and advises local units of local government, including a junior college district and emergency service districts
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas, 1985
- Licensed to practice in the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Western, Northern and Southern Districts of Texas
- Licensed to practice in the United States Courts of Appeals for the Fifth and Federal Circuits